How can we improve Bitcoin/Litecoin/Dogecoin Miner?

Bitcoin Scrypt Mining?

Hi, I Love Your App,I am currently only mining with my Laptop at 6.9 kh/s
and earning an average of 2800 satoshi a day which isnt much, but the reliability of your app has convinced me to invest in a tower system with a Powerful Gpu Video Card to take advantage of the Gpu ability of the app.
However my question is that i noticed that the app mines in scrypt mode and i thought that bitcoin could only be mined in Sha256 mode? How is this possible?

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
alaynaspop shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminAlex (CEO / Founder, GroupFabric) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You're absolutely correct! What the Bitcoin Miner Pool does behind-the-scenes is issue work for whatever currency is most profitable to mine on the device you're using. In some cases this can be a currency that uses Scrypt.

The mining pool takes submitted work and exchanges it over to Bitcoin for payouts. The end result is users get better yields since direct SHA256d mining is dominated by custom ASICs in datacenters with dedicated power plants.

The mining pool exists purely to make the app easier to use and takes no fees as the app is ad supported. This ensures that we are only successful if users want to run the app! As always, we also offer a Custom Pool option where users can experiment with connecting to direct SHA256d mining pools as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base