How can we improve Bitcoin/Litecoin/Dogecoin Miner?

make sha-256d available

the sha-256d PoW algorythm has in my experience a 100% increase in hashrate instead of having 23 kh/s i have 23 mh/s with a simple notebook...

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    trekkerfan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CAMBIT BTC commented  · 

Hi.every body i am a new user so please help me if i got something wrong and i just starting and some ways how to get bitcoin or withdrawal maybe i am need all you help.thank

• milton641225@hotmail.com commented  · 

BUEN DIA TENGO UN REGISTRO DE UN ENVIO EL CUALNO MEALLEGADO A UN A MI CUENTA, POR FAVOR ENVIARME DONDE FUE DEPOSITADO, GRACIAS
        IDEA FACILIDAD DE CAMBIO DE IDIOMA

• AdminAlex (Founder, GroupFabric) commented  · 

Hi Robert, the default pool in Bitcoin Miner automatically changes the proof-of-work depending on whatever currency is most profitable to mine at the moment, and behind the scenes exchanges it over to Bitcoin.

Even if you did manually connect to the default mining pool and overrided the dynamic PoW, all submitted work would be invalid since the cryptographic solutions wouldn't validate (i.e. they would be derived using the wrong proof-of-work algorithm and thus not redeemable against whatever currency the pool would be currently mining).

• Robert Chalmers commented  · 

What are the pool settings for accessing the Bitcoin Miner pool, using the built in Bitcoin Miner? I understand it's scrypt mining, therefore is it possible to enter the necessary info into the Custom pool settings.?

• AdminAlex (Founder, GroupFabric) commented  · 

SHA-256d mining is available with the custom mining pool option, however...

The problem with SHA-256d (the native Bitcoin proof-of-work) is you end up competing with massive data-centers filled with custom ASIC hardware coupled to dedicated power plants.

Although the SHA-256d hash rate is higher because the proof-of-work is simpler, you end up with a lower yield due to more mining competition.

The default mining pool in Bitcoin Miner tries to issue work that will be the most profitable for PCs and phones. Generally this means avoiding SHA-256d and issuing Scrypt or X11 work which is exchanged over to Bitcoin!

As always, we also offer the custom mining pool option - if you find a more profitable pool definitely use it as the default mining pool only exists to make the app easier, we don't make any money from it or charge any fees!

• trekkerfan commented  · 

with the default miningpool that is..

Feedback and Knowledge Base