How can we improve Bitcoin/Litecoin/Dogecoin Miner?

Make a cooldown cycle

example cooldown 30 minutes
You mine bitcoins 30 minutes,the miner wait 30 minutes to mine again to evitate heating up to much,you can select if you want the cooldown or not

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Annoying Dog shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminAlex (CEO / Founder, GroupFabric) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All the comments here are valid - we have been reworking a lot of the internal scheduling code. Hopefully over the next couple months we'll be able to have better fine-tuning of controls so users can set what % of CPU is used for mining.

• Ro Atkinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The best way to help your cpu is simply to maintain a constant heat so that its physical state doesn't change too much. If the heat that is generated by the processor is too high, the best way to deal with that is to go into your power management scheme in your settings/control panel. There is an option under advanced settings to lower the maximum and minimum processor states. Another option is to just stick a cooling pad under your laptop, or leave a bit of space around your pc case. For me the best option is to probably stop resting hot coffee cups on it. Having looked at system resource use at the moment it seems that cpu usage is at only about half of maximum for this app.

• Ronald Sommer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No really good idea. Heating up and cooling is poison for boards. The device is even broken faster.

• andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ive turn a lot of background apps of from running ing the background ,my fan on my laptop seems to be less active thanks andi

Feedback and Knowledge Base