How can we improve Bitcoin/Litecoin/Dogecoin Miner?

Bitcoin miner is a great app. I'd love to see you develop apps like this for other coins.

I remember years ago you had Litecoin and Dogecoin but they seem to have disappeared. I'm not sure how this app works, when I use it in other pools and SHA 256, I never even find a share. I've tried to use it doe Scrypt in other pools with limited success. I think a Bitcoin Cash and/Ethereum app like this would rock. Thanks

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
ronacord23 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminAlex (CEO / Founder, GroupFabric) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The reason it's hard to find shares on SHA-256 pools is that the default pool in Bitcoin Miner is actually a multi-pool, where it has your miner mine whatever is most profitable for your PC/Phone, and then converts it over to Bitcoin.

When you directly mine SHA-256d, the hash rates will be higher but yields lower due to the much easier SHA-256d mining function. Directly mining SHA-256d means you end up competing with large datacenters filled with ASIC hardware coupled to dedicated power plants.

What we're working on is improving the internal mining engines to support more currencies so users can use Bitcoin Miner to also mine PC friendly currencies like Monero and Ethereum.

However to make it user friendly also requires a default mining pool (for users who don't want to deal with pool setup or other companies), and for this reason we no longer offer a Litecoin Miner since we'd then have to support more than one payout currency.

On Dogecoin - we no longer offer Dogecoin Miner because Dogecoin was changed so that it could be earned when mining Litecoin (merge mined). Since most Litecoin pools allow dual mining of both Dogecoin and Litecoin, it didn’t make sense to have a standalone Dogecoin miner.

Also, the Dogecoin project hasn’t been updated for over 3 years, so it’s fairly risky as there hasn’t been much developer support. You can view confirm this via their source code repository on GitHub at https://github.com/dogecoin/dogecoin.

Feedback and Knowledge Base