How can we improve Bitcoin/Litecoin/Dogecoin Miner?

Add ability to tweak CPU and GPU usage

548 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AlexAdminAlex (Founder, GroupFabric) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • minerrminerr commented  · 

I dont get it, the CUDA cores could do 600 MH/s there is no realy hardware support here.

• DarkDark commented  · 

for tweaking gpu's individually, you can use Auros Tweaking Engine, available here: https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/Utility/Graphics-Card. It doesn't matter if you have a gigabyte gpu or not. You can also use Asus Tweaking Tool. With these tools you can overclock your gpu as well as make adjustment to fan speed to correspond with the gpu temperature to cool it down. just don't know if they work with radeon's. but i think they do.

• Fuzzybat23Fuzzybat23 commented  · 

I rather like this idea. I turn on Maximum with my gpu selected and my cpu temp jumps up from 37 celcius to 69 celcius. 128 kh/s isn't bad, but I'd like to not tax my gpu quite so hard xD A slide bar between the minimum (power saving) and maximum (maximum, duh) wouldn't he a bad idea, and shouldn't be that hard to implement.

• MetalkayaMetalkaya commented  · 

Hallo friend, i want ask you all, can i use bitcoin wallet other blockchain.info & coinbase for make payout, a wallet i want use like xapo.com @ wirexapp?.

Please tell me coz i feer my payout not paying to my wallet Bitcoin...

• DorelDorel commented  · 

would be great to be able to allocate which gpu and how much load max to dedicate to available gpu's so that when you run a multi gpu system you can hash on both cards independently as another instance of the program just running on the other screen or another miner in the pool mining to the same wallet on the second gpu

• Gaming RecordsGaming Records commented  · 

Adept I think it's great,I tried mine,and it's get only to 300 max

my computer is build for gaming so it's powerfull,I've tried to overclock but nothing change.

• AdeptAdept commented  · 

475KH/s good?

• Anonymous commented  · 

I actually got better results in terms of system usability if i use "max performance" settings and select affinity to just one of the cores (on a hexa core system).
        Before that, the App would use almost all of the system resources, that is why i think we need an option to "tweak" the GPu vs CPU usage... Even with GPU enable the App keeps using intensely the CPU and, i at least, found myself with a barely usable environment for anything else.

Also the App randomly chooses to use half my GPU "power" and other times all of it (?) according to Open Hardware monitor, any thoughts on that?

Thank you.

• AlexAdminAlex (Founder, GroupFabric) commented  · 

Definitely disable SLI/Crossfire when mining - GPU drivers don't correctly distribute compute workloads in SLI. When in SLI the GPU driver "fools" the application by only showing one virtual GPU, but then you're relying on the GPU driver to correctly distribute mining workloads which they don't.

• Shin No Doragon FisutoShin No Doragon Fisuto commented  · 

Yea definitely need CUDA....I'm running x2 SLI ASUS GTX660-DC2O-2GD5...i5-4670k at 4.6ghz...16GB RAM...and still cant average 150kh/s or go even higher.

• AlexAdminAlex (Founder, GroupFabric) commented  · 

CUDA and OpenCL are tricky to have directly because Microsoft will not certify apps that use these functions right now (only DirectX is allowed). We'd certainly like to use both CUDA/OpenCL and are investigation other ways we could get something similar done.

• hirnlagerhirnlager commented  · 

bitcoin miner crash if monitor is off or window minimal.

• Marko ĐoremMarko Đorem commented  · 

Please add cuda, GTX cards would appreciate that ... Thanks

• Dan NielsenDan Nielsen commented  · 

please add cuda because my 1070gtx can do about 30MH/S and i would like to mine of my gpu instead of the 300kh/s i have now

• Joseph AmbaliJoseph Ambali commented  · 

it would be nice to tweak CPU/GPU usage for better hash performance

• Chris 11968Chris 11968 commented  · 

Well , you CAN already do so to varying extents , depending on your system. If you have the right GPU , you can run the program itself WITH the GPU by right clicking the icon and selecting "run with GPU."
        In task manager , you can reassign priority by going to processes, clicking on the bitcoin app there and selecting go to details , where you can change priority and processor affinity; for example you could turn the priority up to "realtime" (all the way) but allow only the cores (logical cpu's) you choose to run it , leaving other resources with enough cpu ownage to run. I DO NOT recommend "Realtime," or switching the affinity. I do find that raising the priority to above normal helps without impeding the cpu I have (7th generation I-5 - integrated graphics.) If you really want this to work for you you need a workstation class video GPU , and some Xeon processing imho.

• WaleedWaleed commented  · 

HELP! I can't get my payout cause it says "can't find a camera" to verify my wallet :(
        I do have an already installed webcam :(

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base