How can we improve Bitcoin/Litecoin/Dogecoin Miner?

Add ability to tweak CPU and GPU usage

405 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AlexAdminAlex (Founder, GroupFabric) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris 11968Chris 11968 commented  · 

Well , you CAN already do so to varying extents , depending on your system. If you have the right GPU , you can run the program itself WITH the GPU by right clicking the icon and selecting "run with GPU."
        In task manager , you can reassign priority by going to processes, clicking on the bitcoin app there and selecting go to details , where you can change priority and processor affinity; for example you could turn the priority up to "realtime" (all the way) but allow only the cores (logical cpu's) you choose to run it , leaving other resources with enough cpu ownage to run. I DO NOT recommend "Realtime," or switching the affinity. I do find that raising the priority to above normal helps without impeding the cpu I have (7th generation I-5 - integrated graphics.) If you really want this to work for you you need a workstation class video GPU , and some Xeon processing imho.

• WaleedWaleed commented  · 

HELP! I can't get my payout cause it says "can't find a camera" to verify my wallet :(
        I do have an already installed webcam :(

• Anonymous commented  · 

make a non-windows store version, you are so limiting yourselves

• Anonymous commented  · 

If there is a Bug in the GPU, i.e., less cooling capacity then why not tweak the same for using the CPU of the system to mine Crytocoins.

• edisonedison commented  · 

so gostaria de saber com é feito o pagamentos neste aplicativo ainda não encontrei nenhuma resposta na loja microssoft alguem podem me responder ja enviei alguns pedido de retirada so que nao sei pra onde foi teria que ser mais expecifico nesta parte

• ThefireThefire commented  · 

Microsoft bitcoin miner v supports "outside" on usb ASIC bitcoin miners?

• AngelAngel commented  · 

I set my CPU to realtime setting in task manager so it would be the priority then everytime I tick on the GPU the apps always crashes and always says "display driver stopped", I am using Windows 10 and has a Nvidia Ge force display driver. How to resolve this? And also its always interrupted every time I do something in my computer, I just want it to run in the background without interrupting. Hope you fix this problem.

• zethylouszethylous commented  · 

Gpu will work on miner but will crash even on balanced need help. NVIDIA geforce gt 610

• AlexAdminAlex (Founder, GroupFabric) commented  · 

If the GPU driver crashes - unfortunately it's exactly that - a bug in the GPU driver. That said, sometimes GPUs will crash if they have insufficient cooling, but both AMD and nVidia drivers do let you see the driver status in their control panels.

• Anonymous commented  · 

If i use GPU and Fast mining i get error "driver is not responding, restarting driver" and after several times it blocks the mining program to access the GPU. What's wrong ? If i only use CPU then it works (but not as fast as i want to)

• VirgilVirgil commented  · 

Add the ability to use BOTH GPU and CPU at the same time in order to increase computational power per device.

• blaster1213blaster1213 commented  · 

I have been mining several days and am unable to find the results of my efforts. Can you tell me what I have missed? Sorry, I am relatively new to this and do not want to waste any more time for no payouts.

• AlexAdminAlex (Founder, GroupFabric) commented  · 

Hi Michal, all of our Windows Store miners use DirectCompute (DirectX) when GPU mining.

Unfortunately Microsoft has not certified any OpenCL or CUDA libraries for use in the Windows Store. This means if an app were to use OpenCL or CUDA, it would not pass certification for release on the Windows Store.

• Michal PelikánMichal Pelikán commented  · 

Does it use OpenCL or CUDA computing on nVidia GPUs?

• RandomRandom commented  · 

Add ability to toggle between GPU and make use of multiple GPU (OPENCL or CUDA).

• Cryptomann420Cryptomann420 commented  · 

Waffle pool has a app called Waffle monitor in Google play to monitor stats on your android phone. It gives you basic info when you add in your bitcoin address on the free app!

• RavenWing71RavenWing71 commented  · 

Perhaps an easy way to handle CPU Throttling is instead to give the ability to lower the mining process priority, so that the work we are trying to do on the computer gets priority.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base