How can we improve Bitcoin/Litecoin/Dogecoin Miner?

Add ability to tweak CPU and GPU usage

804 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminAlex (Founder, GroupFabric) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

79 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • pia commented  · 

help me on mining on Raspberry pi 1 or 2

• AdminAlex (Founder, GroupFabric) commented  · 

The initial hash rate spike happens only in Power Saving mode because Bitcoin Miner is determining the performance capabilities of your hardware to find the best yield while minimizing power use.

• |||||||||||||||| commented  · 

i dont understand why i go from 150 kh/s to 1kh/s after 20 seconds of running the program. I've used other miner programs and i can control it go mine around at least 300kh/s for long periods of time.

Also, where is the pool located? I don't even have that information.

• Ellis Wilson commented  · 

good luck with this bunch founder alex thumbs up from the bitcoin hillbilly,westfuckinvirg

this site needs a instructional manual for its miner just go to the settings and change and watched it go up how much depends on your graphics card and processor

it only took me a month to figure it out if u don't change settings u will mine like a turtle and think its malware or spam or even think they are stealing your gpu.
        this site is for real and I done made 400 on first pay out

u have to change the settings from energy saving to max in order to mine correctly

On Charle's comment - you can actually verify Bitcoin Miner is performing as advertised using a network trace tool or the built in Trace View for analysis.

• Charles commented  · 

The time it takes my mining rig to get to 5,000 Satoshi with your miner Nicehash will earn
        600,000 Satoshi in the same span of time.
        Are you stealing gpu power

• Anonymous commented  · 

Anubis protects 110-140 kh/s.. Never let them turn your computer off. call Dad or a friend who knows IT!

We haven't made any performance changes to the core mining algorithms - the only thing I can think of that would negatively affect performance might driver updates.

It's also possible that some of recent fixes for Spectre and Meltdown from Intel and MSFT may have affected mining on some machines, but that seems unlikely.

• Figma commented  · 

Agree with other posters regarding degraded performance in the last month. I was getting double digits KHz, but it's dropped to between one and two on average. I noticed this happening after the ads became more aggressive (i.e., the video advertisements), but I could be wrong.

• Anonymous commented  · 

my computer is shutting down when mining with GPU, can you tell what's wrong?

• Ro Atkinson commented  · 

Could certainly do with an option to tweak usage of system resources. For some reason my KH/s rate has dropped by about half in the last month or so and I have no idea why. I don't know whether it has been altered deliberately to prevent damage of the computers or something. I have tried uninstalling or disabling most of the likely culprits, but the miner seems to use about 45% of my available power, so I am not sure that would help anyway. This seems to be borne out by the fact that it hasn't helped at all.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Best way (imho and after testing several setups) to maximize yield without sacrificing system performance is booting several VMs limited with 1 core... you get difficult 1 and 0.1 satoshi per share accepted but you actually get more yield overall because even @ 20 or above difficult it only pays 0.12 satoshis and hogs your system...
        So if you have the RAM and the cores, boot several VM's limited to one core.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Something wrong as Andras Kovacs said. I get 1.5-3.5 with and amd fx-8320/amd hd7870.

• Anonymous commented  · 

@Andras Kovacs you must have a really old computer... i can get 3Kh/s on power saving mode with a crappy Atom z3735f @ 1.33Ghz on my HTPC.

• mechnut450 commented  · 

based on my results and watching system task manager I only using my gpu, not of my cpu. I am considering adding a second gpu ( older than current to see if will increase the sat I can make since I barley gotten 2500 in a week.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base