How can we improve Bitcoin/Litecoin/Dogecoin Miner?

Add ability to tweak CPU and GPU usage

652 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminAlex (Founder, GroupFabric) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

53 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • tim commented  · 

im farming at 603 kh/s with the 1080 ti and i5processor. can it go faster

• Anonymous commented  · 

To crypto-cash:
        1: noup .. tried everything i know.
        2: Yes. i get about 5k to 6k a week BUT i have an HTPC running 24/7 plus when i'm on my workstation i have 3 VM's running with the app (it actually has a lot less impact on CPU usage this way for me)
        3: no idea on how to help you...

• Crypto-Cash Machine commented  · 

1. Does anyone know if the custom opt will allow me mine faster? If so what so I need to use that feature?
        2. Is anyone achieving 5,000 Satoshis a week if so how?
        3. I am doing the max and that helped up how do I get more?

• Rudolf van der Mije commented  · 

I like to have an option to adjust the speed of gpu mines is overheatin when i use maximum and gpu use so tweakin down the speed on the gpu would help me alot

• Anonymous commented  · 

With my devices I get about 17000 satoshis, no matter if I use several i7 CPUs. it does not come much more together. with which hardware can I create 1 BTC per month or how many computers are needed?

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would like to see a option to combine cpu and gpu power

• Anonymous commented  · 

the abillity also to let it work while i am on the settings menu

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would like to see a option to combine cpu and gpu power

• Shawn commented  · 

The comment about the preference of GPU vs CPU makes sense. In fact when my GPU is not overclocked then roughly 90% of the CPU is used. When I increase the overclocking both GPU and GPU memory the CPU drops to 20% as described. The one thing I see different is that the KH/s drops or is not as high when the GPU is processing and the difficulty of the hash is much lower than when the CPU is running higher.

GPU - 20 - 30 Difficulty
        CPU - 50 - 275 Diffculty

Is that expected behavior?

• marcosthejellymonster commented  · 

i think adding GPU support to enable load configuration would help people fine tune and find a good optimized settings i can run my system overclocked and give this program realtime priority and still not have any noticeable change in hash rate oc specs : 1060 SSC 2.1 ghz , memclock 4ghz, intel skylake 6600K 4.6ghz , cache 4.4 ghz the good news i guess is that my system doesnt slow down either but still

• Anonymous commented  · 

my laptop overheats after 5 minutes if I use my gtx 880m .. it doesn't have good fan controls ..so I disable it , thus forcing btc miner to use the internal intel gpu ..which is twice as fast as using the CPU .. it would be better if we could detect / select the graphics card to use in the preferences ;)

• AdverseCatalyst commented  · 

Most definately,I'm using Minergate which has this function.Yes Please

• minerr commented  · 

I dont get it, the CUDA cores could do 600 MH/s there is no realy hardware support here.

• Dark commented  · 

for tweaking gpu's individually, you can use Auros Tweaking Engine, available here: https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/Utility/Graphics-Card. It doesn't matter if you have a gigabyte gpu or not. You can also use Asus Tweaking Tool. With these tools you can overclock your gpu as well as make adjustment to fan speed to correspond with the gpu temperature to cool it down. just don't know if they work with radeon's. but i think they do.

• Fuzzybat23 commented  · 

I rather like this idea. I turn on Maximum with my gpu selected and my cpu temp jumps up from 37 celcius to 69 celcius. 128 kh/s isn't bad, but I'd like to not tax my gpu quite so hard xD A slide bar between the minimum (power saving) and maximum (maximum, duh) wouldn't he a bad idea, and shouldn't be that hard to implement.

• Metalkaya commented  · 

Hallo friend, i want ask you all, can i use bitcoin wallet other blockchain.info & coinbase for make payout, a wallet i want use like xapo.com @ wirexapp?.

Please tell me coz i feer my payout not paying to my wallet Bitcoin...

• Dorel commented  · 

would be great to be able to allocate which gpu and how much load max to dedicate to available gpu's so that when you run a multi gpu system you can hash on both cards independently as another instance of the program just running on the other screen or another miner in the pool mining to the same wallet on the second gpu

• Gaming Records commented  · 

Adept I think it's great,I tried mine,and it's get only to 300 max

my computer is build for gaming so it's powerfull,I've tried to overclock but nothing change.

• Adept commented  · 

475KH/s good?

• Anonymous commented  · 

I actually got better results in terms of system usability if i use "max performance" settings and select affinity to just one of the cores (on a hexa core system).
        Before that, the App would use almost all of the system resources, that is why i think we need an option to "tweak" the GPu vs CPU usage... Even with GPU enable the App keeps using intensely the CPU and, i at least, found myself with a barely usable environment for anything else.

Also the App randomly chooses to use half my GPU "power" and other times all of it (?) according to Open Hardware monitor, any thoughts on that?

Thank you.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base