How can we improve Bitcoin/Litecoin/Dogecoin Miner?

Add ability to tweak CPU and GPU usage

873 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminAlex (Founder, GroupFabric) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

90 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The time it takes my mining rig to get to 5,000 Satoshi with your miner Nicehash will earn
        600,000 Satoshi in the same span of time.
        Are you stealing gpu power

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anubis protects 110-140 kh/s.. Never let them turn your computer off. call Dad or a friend who knows IT!

• AdminAlex (Founder, GroupFabric) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We haven't made any performance changes to the core mining algorithms - the only thing I can think of that would negatively affect performance might driver updates.

It's also possible that some of recent fixes for Spectre and Meltdown from Intel and MSFT may have affected mining on some machines, but that seems unlikely.

• Figma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with other posters regarding degraded performance in the last month. I was getting double digits KHz, but it's dropped to between one and two on average. I noticed this happening after the ads became more aggressive (i.e., the video advertisements), but I could be wrong.

• Ro Atkinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could certainly do with an option to tweak usage of system resources. For some reason my KH/s rate has dropped by about half in the last month or so and I have no idea why. I don't know whether it has been altered deliberately to prevent damage of the computers or something. I have tried uninstalling or disabling most of the likely culprits, but the miner seems to use about 45% of my available power, so I am not sure that would help anyway. This seems to be borne out by the fact that it hasn't helped at all.

Best way (imho and after testing several setups) to maximize yield without sacrificing system performance is booting several VMs limited with 1 core... you get difficult 1 and 0.1 satoshi per share accepted but you actually get more yield overall because even @ 20 or above difficult it only pays 0.12 satoshis and hogs your system...
        So if you have the RAM and the cores, boot several VM's limited to one core.

Something wrong as Andras Kovacs said. I get 1.5-3.5 with and amd fx-8320/amd hd7870.

@Andras Kovacs you must have a really old computer... i can get 3Kh/s on power saving mode with a crappy Atom z3735f @ 1.33Ghz on my HTPC.

• mechnut450 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

based on my results and watching system task manager I only using my gpu, not of my cpu. I am considering adding a second gpu ( older than current to see if will increase the sat I can make since I barley gotten 2500 in a week.

• Gaming Records commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

tim can you explain to me how,I have intel I7 6700 and geforce 1080
        and max speed is 360 KH/s
        how can I increase more gpu speed,I already using ASUS gpu tweak 2

• AdminAlex (Founder, GroupFabric) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only time the Bitcoin Miner should try to use your camera is if you click the scan button in the Payout Address screen (so the app can scan in a payout address QR code).

If it is at any other time, we recommend immediately denying any camera permission dialogs.

Likely it’s because a bad advertisement on Microsoft’s advertising network – we have a thread going with Microsoft right now over why their ad network is delivering ads that are requesting this permission.

Another option is to deny the camera permission to Bitcoin Miner in the Windows 10 Settings –

1. Start Menu
        2. Search for Settings
        3. Find A Setting -> Camera Privacy Settings
        4. Bitcoin Miner -> Off

This will disable the QR code scanning functionality in the Payout Address screen, but is probably the best workaround until we can get a fix from Microsoft.

Mining performance was also partially degraded over the past week due to connectivity issues, but we implemented several fixes over the weekend that should boost overall yields. Even at low hash rates users should be able to mine 300-500 Satoshis/day at the moment.

Well it only pays cents on a week.... now you get 0.1 satoshis on difficult 1 to 10, but it pays. It used to pay 0.5 satoshis on difficult 1 a few months back :/

So no it's not a scam BUT there is no way this method is profitable if you are using your machine just to mine... the app will feed you lots of ads and you have to "tweak" the cores and priority affinity to get a balanced resources usage out of your machine and still be able to use it as a workstation. But because it still pays, and if you do want to use "spare resources" it is a nice idea... so far the only complaint is the lack of in app option to configure how much resources it uses.
        Short answer: It pays so i don't see any scam BUT its not profitable as a standalone miner.

• Miner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it wasnt fake, it wouldnt ask for web-cam usage, and would required bloody useless windows store. plus support does not answer to trivial questions... They keep the satoshis themselves, as most give up before they get to 5000 - what a bitcoin crap scheme...

• tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

im farming at 603 kh/s with the 1080 ti and i5processor. can it go faster

Feedback and Knowledge Base