How can we improve Bitcoin/Litecoin/Dogecoin Miner?

Add ability to tweak CPU and GPU usage

922 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminAlex (CEO / Founder, GroupFabric) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

94 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If i use GPU and Fast mining i get error "driver is not responding, restarting driver" and after several times it blocks the mining program to access the GPU. What's wrong ? If i only use CPU then it works (but not as fast as i want to)

• Virgil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the ability to use BOTH GPU and CPU at the same time in order to increase computational power per device.

• blaster1213 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been mining several days and am unable to find the results of my efforts. Can you tell me what I have missed? Sorry, I am relatively new to this and do not want to waste any more time for no payouts.

• AdminAlex (CEO / Founder, GroupFabric) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Michal, all of our Windows Store miners use DirectCompute (DirectX) when GPU mining.

Unfortunately Microsoft has not certified any OpenCL or CUDA libraries for use in the Windows Store. This means if an app were to use OpenCL or CUDA, it would not pass certification for release on the Windows Store.

• Cryptomann420 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Waffle pool has a app called Waffle monitor in Google play to monitor stats on your android phone. It gives you basic info when you add in your bitcoin address on the free app!

• RavenWing71 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps an easy way to handle CPU Throttling is instead to give the ability to lower the mining process priority, so that the work we are trying to do on the computer gets priority.

• Anon17 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bump for the ability to turn the CPU usage down (when using the machine) up (when not).

1 2 3 5 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base