How can we improve Bitcoin/Litecoin/Dogecoin Miner?

Choose to use only cpu/gpu or use both

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I choose "Enable GPU", my computer turn off. NVidia graphics 740M in Windows 10.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using Bitcoin Miner with windows 8, when I enable GPU option app crashes, and system reboots...

• alaynaspop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have intel hd graphics and it has Directx 11.2 installed but the GPU Option is still greyed out.

• AdminAlex (CEO / Founder, GroupFabric) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enable GPU Mining is only available if your GPU and drivers support DirectX 10+ in hardware - many GPUs on lower end machines are actually implemented in software. When no hardware devices are found, the option will be greyed out.

• AdminAlex (CEO / Founder, GroupFabric) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At some point we will port all of the latest changes in Bitcoin Miner to Litecoin Miner and Dogecoin Miner.

You can actually use Bitcoin Miner to mine Litecoin and Dogecoin directly -

In the settings page if you select a custom pool you can then enter settings for a Litecoin or Dogecoin mining pool, just make sure you select the Scrypt proof-of-work!

Hi Ronie, here's how to update the app in Windows 8:

1. Open the Windows Store
    2. Windows Key+C -> Settings -> App updates -> Check for updates -> Bitcoin Miner should appear -> Install

Best,

Alex

In Bitcoin Miner 1.17.0.0 we've added an option to the settings page to enable or disable GPU mining.

Bitcoin Miner will always use whatever is most efficient - the rules are:

If the device is a CPU, it will always use at least 20% to prevent the system from going into a low power state.

If GPU mining is enabled and the GPU is at least 2x as powerful as the CPU, it will prefer the GPU while still using at least 20% of the CPU.

If GPU mining is enabled and the GPU is < 2x as powerful as the CPU, then both the CPU and GPU will be directly used for mining.

Also if Balanced performance mode is on, Bitcoin Miner will optimize for maximum profit over performance. If you just want to run at maximum performance, check the Maximum performance bubble in the settings screen.

Feedback and Knowledge Base